By visiting the Site or using any of our Services, you agree that your personal information will be handled as described in this Policy. Your use of our Site or Services, and any dispute over your privacy rights, is subject to this Policy and our Terms of Service, including its applicable limitations on damages and the resolution of disputes. The GENESIS Terms of Service are incorporated by reference into this Policy.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE PRIVACY REQUIREMENTS AND DATA SHARING RULES FOR SUBMISSION OF ANY INFORMATION OTHER THAN PERTAINING TO YOU ARE DESCRIBED IN SECTIONS 6 & 7 OF OUR TERMS OF SERVICE.
1. Personal Information: We may collect, store and use personally identifiable information (such as your name, company or organization name, title, e-mail address, postal address, telephone numbers, and/or billing information) when it is voluntarily submitted to us, such as when you visit our Site, register on the Platform or contact us.
We may use your Personal Information to provide our Services to you, to contact you, improve this Site, provide you with information that you have requested, or to provide you with additional information that we believe may be of interest to you. We may also use this information to respond to your inquiries, to provide you with technical support or to enforce our Terms of Service and other policies governing use of the Site, the Platform and/or our Services. We may combine your information with other information about you that is available to us, including information from other sources.
We may share your information, including personal information, as follows:
· Users: Your user name and any information other than your Submissions (as defined in the Terms of Service) that you post to our Site, including, without limitation, reviews, comments, and text will be available to, and searchable by, all users of the Site and Services.
· Affiliates: We may disclose your personal information to our affiliates or subsidiaries; however, if we do so, their use and disclosure of your personally identifiable information will be subject to this Policy.
· Service Providers: We may share your information with third party service providers, who perform functions on our behalf.
· Business Transfers: We may disclose your information in connection with a corporate restructuring, bankruptcy proceeding, merger or consolidation with, or sale of substantially all of our assets to, a third party. In each of these cases, the use or disclosure of your personal information will be governed by this Policy.
· In Response to Legal Process: We also may disclose the information we collect from you in order to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena.
· To Protect Us and Others: We also may disclose the information we collect from you where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person, violations of our Terms of Service or this Policy, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
2. Aggregate Data Collection: GENESIS tracks visits to our Site and uses visitor logs to compile anonymous aggregate statistics. This aggregate information is collected Site wide, and includes anonymous website statistics. In addition, when you browse our Site, our system automatically collects information such as your web request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser language, domain names, referring and exit pages and URLs, platform type, pages viewed and the order of these page views, the amount of time spent on particular pages, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser. This information is used to analyze trends, administer the Site, improve the design of our Site, and otherwise enhance the services we provide. We may disclose your non-private, aggregated, statistical, and other non-personally identifiable information with third parties for industry analysis, demographic profiling, and other purposes. Any aggregated and statistical information shared in these contexts will not contain Personal Information.
When you access our Services by or through a mobile device, we may access, collect, monitor and/or remotely store one or more device identifiers. Device identifiers are small data files or similar data structures stored on or associated with your mobile device, which uniquely identify your mobile device and are used to enhance our Services. A device identifier may be data stored in connection with the device hardware, data stored in connection with the device’s operating system or other software, or data sent to the device by us. A device identifier may convey information about how you use our Services to us. A device identifier does not collect or share any personal information about you.
3. Other Data: If you decide to invite a third party to create an account, we will collect your and the third party’s names and e-mail addresses in order to send an e-mail and follow up with the third party. We rely upon you to obtain whatever consents from the third party that may be required by law to allow us to access and upload the third party’s names and e-mail addresses as required above. You or the third party may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request the removal of this information from our database.
4. Linked Site: The Site may contain links to external websites. We do not maintain these sites and are not responsible for the privacy practices of sites that we do not operate. Please refer to the specific privacy statements posted on those sites.
6. Geo-Location: When you use our Services by or through a mobile device, we may access, collect, monitor and/or remotely store “location data” which may include GPS coordinates (e.g. latitude and/or longitude) or similar information regarding the location of your mobile device. Location data may convey information about how you browse the Services to us. Location data does not collect or share any Personal Information about you. Location data may be used in conjunction with Personal Information. Some features of the Services, particularly location-based services, may not function properly if use or availability of location data is impaired or disabled. If you want to deactivate this feature, you can disable location services on your mobile device. Please contact your carrier for more information.
7. Security: We take reasonable precautions to protect Personal Information covered by this Policy from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. Unfortunately, no data security measures can guarantee 100% security.
8. Data Storage: We store the software, sequence data and user data you submit and your account and profile information (including Personal Information) on “cloud” servers owned and operated by third party providers. Our current providers are Amazon Web Services (Amazon Inc) and Azure (Microsoft Inc), but we may change providers at our sole discretion. For information about AWS’s and Azure’s privacy protection and data security practices, please visit their respective sites.
9. Access: You may modify personal information that you have submitted by logging into your account and updating your profile information. Please note that copies of information that you have updated, modified or deleted may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Site or Application for a period of time.
11. Opt-Out: Unless you tell us otherwise by “opting out”, we may also contact you regarding products and services you use or that may be of interest to you. You can exercise your right to prevent such contact by contacting us at email@example.com. You may not, however, opt out of necessary services or account maintenance notices or other administrative and transactional notices.
12. Users: Under 13 Years of Age – This Site and our Services are not directed towards users under the age of 13 and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from users under the age of 13. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with Personal Information, we will delete such information from our files.
Mail: The GENESIS Project
6619 South Dixie Highway, Unit 278
Miami, Florida 33143